ERA-Net SES provides a sustainable, reliable and efficient management structure for multilateral joint programming. ERA-Net SES Steering Board and Management Board provide the framework for joint planning, decision making and collaborative implementation of joint calls and joint activities. The ERA-Net SES Coordination supports the partners in strategy, decision making and governance, cooperation of programs and partners, communication and dissemination, organisation of joint calls, contractual and financial management. Beyond that, ERA-Net SES is well coordinated with the European SET-Plan Action 4 initiatives.
ERA-Net SES Steering Board
- decision making
- strategy and planning
- set and monitor quality standards
- supervision of finances
- ensure allocation of national/regional budgets
ERA-Net SES Management Board
Responsibility : preparation and implementation of joint calls
Members: variable composition - all funding partners involved in a certain joint call for proposals (ERA-NET SG+
ERA-Net SES Associated Partners
to innovation stakeholders from the technology supply and demand side, regional level, financers, start-up and SME community, ICT- Tool providers, etc.
- strategic coordination of the overall network
- representation of ERA-Net SES and coordination with European Commission and SET-Plan initiatives
- legal and formal aspects
Austrian Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology (bmvit
Department of Energy and Environmental Technologies
Coordinator: Michael Hübner
- financial and contractual management
- operative coordination support
Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG)
Operating Agent: Erich Herber
Consulting: Urban Peyker
- develop and implement procedures and content of joint calls for proposals, together with the ERA-Net SES Management Board
Swedish Energy Agency (SWEA
Karina Barnholt Klepper
- internal and external communication
- internal coordination support
B.A.U.M. Consult GmbH
ERA-Net SES Office: Helena Geisler, Laura Börner
Scientific Support : Rainer Bacher
Knowledge Community Management
- organising the Knowledge Community together with RDD project consortia and international experts
- implementing Co-Creation on Program Level together with associated partners
B.A.U.M. Consult GmbH
Head of Knowledge Community Management: Ludwig Karg
Ricerca sul Energetico (RSE)
Consulting: Michele de Nigris
Clic Innovation LTD
Coordination with SET-Plan Action 4
ERA-Net SES works closely together with other initiatives of the European SET-Plan
, particularly on SET-Plan Action 4
"Increase the resilience and security of the energy system".
The European Technology and Innovation Platform on Smart Networks of the Energy Transition
) is bringing together a multitude of stakeholders and experts from the energy sector in order to guide Research, Development & Innovation (RD&I) to support Europe’s energy transition. The ETIP SNET is elaborating a vision and a roadmap for R&I activities (and the associated Implementation Plans) for smart networks, storage and other sources of flexibility, and integrated energy systems, engaging all stakeholders. It also looks at specific issues as customer participation and the impact of digitisation. It intends to identify innovation barriers, notably related to market design, regulation and financing. Representatives from European member states are represented in the governing board of ETIP SNET, building a link to ERA-Net SES funding partners and program owners.
The National Stakeholders Coordination Group
(NSCG) is providing a sounding board and exchange platform for national stakeholders in the area of SET-Plan Action 4. It invites national and regional technology platforms, research organisations, policy makers and program managers to actively contribute to the SET-Plan goals and particularly to the goals of SET-Plan Action 4 as agreed in the stakeholder declaration and the SET-Plan Action 4 Implementation Plan
- exchanging information on activities in member states
- transferring information and knowledge forth and back between the stakeholders on national and regional level and the expert working groups of ETIP SNET4
- reflecting and commenting from a national stakeholders perspective the outcomes of the expert working groups of ETIP SNET4
- providing a platform for ETIP SNET4 to find partners and experts from national level that are ready to contribute to the ETIP activities, working groups and projects.
The NSCG is chaired by European member states, together with the European Commission and the Chairs of ETIP SNET. ERA-Net SES is supporting and co-organising the NSCG.
The SET-Plan Implementation Working Group on Action 4
(SET-Plan IWG Action 4) is a working group of the SET-Plan Steering Group, composed of representatives from European member states with participation of invited ETIPs. IWG Action 4 is responsible for the implementation of the SET-Plan Action 4 Implementation Plan
. ERA-Net SES is providing support to the organisation of the group. ERA-Net SES funding partners are represented or well-coordinated with the representatives in the working group.