Announcement of Call for Proposals
The European Joint Programming Platform ERA-Net Smart Energy Systems (JPP ERA-Net SES) in collaboration with the global Mission Innovation Initiative is pleased to announce the Joint Call 2020 on digital transformation for green energy transition ("MICall20"). The aim is to support transnational research and innovation activities unleashing the potential of digital transformation for a sustainable energy society. The total available budget exceeds € 27 Mio (including funding from the European Commission). The Joint Call 2020 will be launched during the fall 2020.
The Joint Call 2020 flyer will be available here soon.
All call related information will be released on this webpage, it will be updated in the course of the call processes.
Digital transformation for green energy transition
By accelerating the implementation, adaption and knowledge creation of digital solutions in energy systems and networks, this call supports the following objectives:
- Advance the green energy transition in all sectors of the energy system while ensuring security of supply
- Shaping new transnational business and investment opportunities by sector coupling and development of new value chains in innovative and cost-effective energy solutions, thereby creating new employment opportunities and contributing to the development of an environmentally sustainable financial growth
- Ensuring social sustainability and coherence with digitalisation in other sectors in the progression of the green energy transition
- Increase the development and uptake of latest digital innovation and solutions in the energy domain
- facilitate well established open and harmonised marketplaces that better connect the ICT and the energy domain
- improve knowledge and awareness for policy makers, regulators and utilities on digital solutions
Indicative Call procedure timings
| Proposal phase
|| Call opens
|| Q4 2020
|| Compulsory advisory period
|| Q1 2021
|| Full proposal submission deadline
|| Q2 2021
| Selection phase
|| Project selection
|| Q2-Q4 2021
| Project phase
|| Project start date
|| Q4 2021
Project proposals must be submitted electronically through The NordForsk Application Portal. The full call text and template for the project outline is going to be published on this page.
National/Regional Funding Agencies Participating in this Call
To be announced