SCORE facilitates consumer co-ownership in RE in pilot regions in Italy, Czech Republic and Germany by applying the Consumer Stock Ownership Plan (CSOP) as a financing mechanism. SCORE highlights the potential of CSOPs for the inclusion of underrepresented groups. In the German (Essen) and Czech (Litomerice) pilots, the focus is on photovoltaic systems, in Italy (Val di Susa, one of the first Italian RECs in December 2019 with the participation of 21 municipalities) it is the conversion of block heat systems from diesel to woodchips; all pilots are designed as Renewable Energy Communities (RECs) in view of the new EU regulatory framework, the Renewable Energy Directive II (RED II). The aim is to further develop the pilots into fully fledged RE cluster. The challenge is to test the CSOP business model with regard to corresponding the technical challenge and the inclusion of heterogenous co-investors.
- Economic, profitability analysis of specific projects
- Scalability, combination of normally small projects to a REC fulfilling the criteria of the RED II
- Behavioral analysis
- Consumer involvement
- One can test the integration of different renewables energy technologies and their acceptance by consumers
- We provide direct access to consumers, measure their energy usage and undergo research in form of questionnaires regarding their consumption behavior
- Our project sites and consumer groups are spread across Europe: Germany, Italy and Czech Republic
- PV + Storage and Energy Efficiency Measures in Essen
- PV + Storage and Energy Efficiency Measures in Czech
- Demand response mechanisms in local grids (cf. Franz Sales Haus)
- Biomass, PV, Storage and Energy Efficiency Measures in Italy
Get in touch with our contact point via email: Lowitzsch@europa-uni.de or phone: +49 (0) 335 5534-2560. See more information at: https://www.score-h2020.eu/.
Our services are free of charge but only available to partners chosen by us .