The RTPSS LAB was designed to enable the simulation and testing of both power systems and communication networks, either in a stand-alone mode or by performing co-simulation.
The major assets of the laboratory include RTPSS for power systems simulation and HIL testing of physical devices. Besides, other relevant equipment existing in the laboratory includes:
- Communication networks simulator and testing tools
- IEC 61850 specification, configuration and testing tools/equipment
- Time synchronization servers
- Power amplifiers
The communication infrastructure of the laboratory allows optical fibre and Ethernet connections, bringing great flexibility and allowing the test of devices such as IEDs or PMUs with great simplicity in a plug-and-play environment. Other existing communication network devices are state of the art (e.g. routers, switches), ensuring accurate testing of a wide range of communication protocols.
Modelling, real-time simulation and testing of large power systems and smart energy systems
Communication networks simulation and testing (+co-simulation)
IEC 61850 Specification, configuration and testing, including time synchronization
- Prototype development and product conformance testing, including protection and automation systems
- Hardware-in-Loop (HIL) simulations
- Model verification
- Power system transient studies and analysis
- Performing co-simulation
- Testing communication networks performance
- IEC 61850 testing
- Power system performance assessment in line with European grid codes
OPAL-RT OP5600 Real-Time Digital Simulator, CEPRI Advanced Digital Power System Simulator (ADPSS), IXIA Gigabit Ethernet XMVDC LSM, ImpairNet, Anue 3500, OMICRON CMC 850, ISIO 200, CSM 156 Power Amplifiers, Meinberg LAN TIME M3000.
Contact out contact point via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (+351 21 001 13 00).
The RTPSS Lab services are free of charge for partners in collaborative projects.
The RTPSS Lab services can be also subcontracted in projects. In such a case, pricing is defined individually based on the requested contribution.
The RTPSS Lab also offers experimental validation and demonstration of SES, as well as modelling and analysis services.